Happy Halloween everyone!! Today I have a new recipe to share with you of a bread with apple and cinnamon we did at home. I found this recipe on Pinterest and immediatly knew I had to do it like some others we usually do! My dear Pinterest! What to say about this bread?? Well, the pictures speak for themselves. It's delicious, soft, has a caramel scent after removing from the oven and then leaves a cinnamon and vanilla with caramel scent all over the place. The glaze gives a magical taste because the bread is not very sweet and the sweetness of the glaze take you to the stars.
There will be some steps you will freak out, the walnuts and the apple will fall off but stay calm cause it's normal and then everything will be perfect! This is also a great bread recipe for morning/afternoon breaks or even for breakfast with your latte.
Feliz Halloween!! Hoje tenho uma nova receita para partilhar convosco de um tipo de pão com maçãs e canela que fizemos lá por casa. Esta receita foi encontrada no Pinterest e assim que a vi soube logo que iria ser feita como todas as outras que encontro por lá! Meu rico Pinterest! O que dizer sobre este pão? Bem, acho que as fotografias falam/falarão por si. É delicioso, macio (massa de pão), tem um leve cheiro de caramelo quando sai do forno e claro e deixa a casa toda com a cheirar a canela com baunilha e caramelo. Tudo óptimo, não acham? O glaze que se coloca no final em cima dá-lhe um sabor mágico e é a cereja no topo do bolo porque o pão não é nada doce e a doçura do glaze leva-nos para outro mundo.
Em alguns passos possivelmente irão se passar com as maçãs e as nozes a caírem por todo o lado, mas mantenham a calma que é normal e depois irá ficar perfeito - o que cair podem depois pôr por cima! Esta tipo de pão é maravilhoso para comer, seja no intervalo da manhã seja no da tarde ou até mesmo para comer de manhã ao pequeno-almoço com o café com leite.
Wanna know how to do? / Querem saber como se faz?
(this recipe is from Half Baked Baker - you can check all the pictures to know how to do)
For the filling: / Para o recheio:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples (about 2 cups), peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
For the dough: / Para a massa:
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
For the glaze: / Para o glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk mix both ingredients together in a small bowl. Add more milk if necessary to get desired consistency.
How to do step-by-step: / Como fazer passo-a-passo:
- Whisk together the butter, milk, water, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In the bowl mixer, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast, then add the wet ingredients. Using the dough hook attachment mix and knead, until the dough is smooth. The dough will be quite soft. If it seems too dry add a little water, if it seems too sticky add just a little flour, up to a 1/4 cup.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover, and allow to rest until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Gently deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly greased surface. Roll the dough into a 12" x 20" rectangle.
- Stir the vanilla into the melted butter. Spread the butter mixture over the entire top on the dough, Use a pastry brush to get the butter even spread over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top, using your hand to spread it evenly over the butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the dough. Add the apples, on top of the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on the nuts, if using.
- Cut the dough crosswise into six 3 1/2" x 12" strips. Stack the strips on top of one another. Cut the stack into six pieces, about 2" x 3 1/2" each. This part is a little messy but it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Turn the pieces on edge, and place them in the loaf pan one in front of the other from one end of the pan to the other, squeezing them in tight. I sprinkled any nuts or apples that had fallen off over the top of the dough after I put it into the pan.
- Cover the pan and allow the loaf to rise for 30 to 60 minutes, until it's almost doubled in size. While the loaf is rising, preheat the oven to 350°F/180ºC.
- Bake the loaf for 50 minutes in the center of the oven, tenting it with foil after 30 minutes. Remove the loaf from the oven, and transfer it to a rack to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before turning it out of the pan to cool completely.
- While still slightly warm, spoon the glaze over the top of the bread. It's amazing how fast the glaze dried.
(sorry but only took this pictures...)
Hungry?? Give it a try! It really is amazing!
If you have any question, let me know by leaving a comment below or sending an email.
Hope you like it!
Com fome?? Experimentem! É mesmo maravilhoso!
Se tiverem alguma questão deixem um comentário ou enviem um email.
Espero que gostem!