Nov 11, 2013

My Fall Essentials



Fall Essentials


Good Monday everyone!! A new week already... so fast, don't you think? My fall essentials are here, only a few - even a lot - because I wanted to show you all I could.
So, once fall is that middle season that you start to wear some warm clothes but still not so extremely warm, I chose here some essentials that can make the difference through these months. In Portugal, the weather is starting to cool but not to winter temperatures so we still can wear these kind of clothes I'm sharing today.
These are all kind of pieces I have in my closet and that I feel I really need them so stay warm and cozy. 

 
JACKETS | these are my favorite trends this year and the ones that are coming from last year's fall. The leather jacket is always a must that fits with almost every type, you can take it for work, for a night out, for weekend, for a date, for shopping... it's just perfect and I have mine for three years already and it's always my best friend, never dissapoints me! Then we have the parka, an essential for chilly days and rainy days also. My second best friend! My third essential is the varsity jacket that always reminds me of american colleges and we can pair it with some pants or skirts on fall and take it till summer with some shorts! 

Knits, Tees & Shirts | The five above are the ones I consider to be essentials on your fall closet. The plaid shirt I own it for a few years and I'm bringing it with me season by season with great quality. I just love it today like I loved it in the past! The stripe tee for me is the piece I really need in my closet! I love stripes, I have a lot of stripes and I need to have a few different with me, end of story! =) It's that kind of piece I'm really passionate about! The knits are also one of my essentials for feel warm and cozy all the time! One of the things I hate the most about fall/winter is to be cold and so these are those pieces we should have and in different colors. More, the better!
 
ACCESSORIES | The best fall accessories, hat, black handbag, wayfarers, statement necklace or earrings and a good dark lipstick!  Finally I found a perfect black hat that it's not too big - fits in my head - and that wasn't too expensive. A hat is pefect for those bad hair days and rainy days to protect our hair from damages. The wayfarer sunnies - I need them always - are my favorite for the fall, they're big, protective and I love big shades for this season! The statement accessories are here again to stay! It's my favorite accessory when I don't know what to wear and I put simple pieces on! The bag is the bag! Every woman need a black bag and the one above from 3.1 Phillip Lim is on my wishlist (dream wishlist) =). The dark lipsticks are on my must-have list this season! I love dark colors on lips right now and I wish I could be more brave to wear daily at work! Ahaha!
 
PANTS & SKIRTS | Nothing better than some black - jeans, leather or wax - pants for our everyday life as well as a really nice pleated skirt. Definitely my must-haves and my fall essentials. We can mix with almost everything to look stylish!
 
ANKLE BOOTS | The best shoes ever! With a big or small heel they're always confortable - at least, the ones I have! I can walk with them all day without hurting my feet. Leather or suede are a great mixing with all the options I'm showing you on the board above, skirts, skinny, boyfriend, slim jeans, dresses and even with my fall jackets...
 
HIGH-SOCKS | A must have for staying home with a baggy sweater! Very cozy, warm and sexy! =P
 
CANDLES | I love that smell of the candles on fall/winter while it's cold and rain outside, don't you? I usually buy IKEA candles that are cheap and smell great! It's my last fall essential that I love!
 
 
So here you have my fall essentials and some tips how-to-wear each one! Now, I want to know which are your fall essentials? Do you share some of these fall essentials with me?
 
Is there anything you would like to see here on the blog? Any specific theme post? Let me know!
 
Hope you liked it!
 
 
(portuguese translation later... sorry)
 
Love,
I

1 comment:

  1. Great picks, totally have to agree a great black hat is essential for fall, as is that gorgeous deep lip color.

    xo, Liz
    www.casualconcern.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...